Warning: Missing argument 3 for avada_change_builder_default_args() in /home/cjmcomp/www/www/wp-content/themes/Avada/includes/fusion-shared-options.php on line 122
Service Technician – Entry Level
Reports To: Operations Coordinator/General Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Installation, service, repair of equipment and general in-shop duties.
Must have: Positive attitude and a willingness to learn; a valid driver’s license & good driving record
Other: We are an EEO and a Drug-Free Workplace. Benefits available after 90-day probationary period
• Operate forklift to unload equipment from flatbed trucks or trailers.
• Drive Bobcat for the purpose of installation or removal of lifts.
• Maneuver scissor lift for purpose of installation or removal of equipment.
• Operate service vans, flatbed truck, and trailers for the purpose of transporting equipment and general task completion.
• Diagnose and repair heavy maintenance equipment as needed.
• Maintain organization and cleanliness of vehicles, tools, equipment, and shop/work area. Included but are not limited to: sorting/cleaning tools, sweeping, grounds maintenance, washing vehicles.
• All other duties as assigned.
- Installation – Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Instructing – Teaching others how to do something.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Arm-Hand Steadiness – The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
• Trunk Strength – The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without ‘giving out’ or fatiguing.
• Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Problem Sensitivity – The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
• Near Vision – The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- High School Diploma, preferred.
- 1-2 years mechanical experience.
• Willing to travel, as necessary.
• Ability to relate well to others, a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms, bend, twist, carry, kneel, crouch and climb or balance. The employee must constantly lift and/or move 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The environmental conditions of the area in which the employee shall perform his duties are “changing” conditions (uncontrolled temperature and humidity, wet and dirty environment) with a moderate to high noise level.