Reports To: Sales and Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Sell goods for wholesalers or manufacturers to businesses or groups of individuals. Work requires substantial knowledge of items sold. May also direct the actual service to the customer.
- Generate and qualify leads utilizing our qualification process.
- Complete sales calls to new and existing customers.
- Submit weekly detailed call and mileage logs (when using personal vehicle.)
- Prepare sales action plans and strategies by product line.
- Manage and maintain all leads and opportunities within the CRM (currently Salesforce). Train yourself to be proficient in use of product.
- Manage all opportunities in line with agreed sales process, including stages and requirements for moving from one stage to the next.
- Develop detailed sales proposals/quotes and schedule sales meetings.
- Ensure an excellent handoff from Sales to Implementation, to ensure delivery of the services is consistent with what was proposed.
- Become proficient at conducting Needs Analysis with customers to define and document their requirements
- Provide product training as necessary.
- Ensure customer service satisfaction and good client relationships. Negotiate with clients, when needed.
- Monitor competitors, market conditions and product development and make recommendations to Management.
- Plan and direct marketing activities: develop and create presentations of company products and services; participate in sales events.
- Maintain expense report and receipts (must be submitted within 3 days of completion.)
- Sale Process Training – Ensure sales staff has the skills and resources to complete job. Provide sales staff with coaching, training, and opportunities for growth to improve their skills.
- Planning and Organization – Coordinates ideas and resources to achieve goals.
- Attitude – Display a positive attitude about the work to be done, co-workers, customers, management, and employer policies.
- Product Knowledge – learn new industry, company, product or technical knowledge.
- Communication Skills
- Oral Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Speech Clarity – The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Speech Recognition – The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Written Comprehension – The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Persuasion – Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Service Orientation – Actively looking for ways to help people.
- High School Diploma plus Sales Training Courses/Experience, preferred.
- 1-3 years Experience in Sales/Industry, preferred.
- Proficient personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
- Proficient in QuickBooks and QuoteWerks.
- Current and valid Driver’s License and insurable by a state licensed insurance carrier.
- Reliable Transportation.
- Will be required to travel for customer visits, training, meetings, seminars and/or trade shows (2-3 times per year for seminars/trade shows).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit, talk, hear and listen. Frequently required to stand and walk and occasionally the employee must lift, carry, push and pull. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds. The environmental conditions of the area in which the Salesman shall perform his duties are “changing” business conditions (uncontrolled temperature and humidity, wet and dirty environment) with a Moderate to High Noise level.